Lake Country Condos and Real Estate Info
Included below are condos for sale in Lake Country. If you would like more information on any of these Lake Country condo listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of condos recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Lake Country condo listings come on the market.
Scroll to the Bottom for Information on Living in Lake Country, BC.
Lake Country is a municipality surrounded by scenic lakes including Okanagan Lake, Kalamalka Lake, Wood Lake, and Duck Lake. It is a beautiful place comprised of four communities. One of which is Winfield, the southernmost of the Lake country towns. Marvel at Lake Country’s recreational activities and have as many breath-taking places of interest for your eyes to feast on. The warm, dry climate is ideal for swimming, fishing, sailing, paddling and many other water-borne sports.
If you are a green thumb, Lake Country awaits you. The area has a vast agricultural land with immense fruit orchards giving it the reputation as the Apple Capital of Canada. Winemaking is also an important industry. Winfield, in particular, is known as the Banana Belt of the Okanagan.
The idea of living in a small town though has not kept people from enjoying their stay in this neighborhood because of its proximity to all the amenities of Kelowna, and even Vernon. Lake Country is a great place to live, work and rear a family. Homebuyers choose Lake Country, a place of natural beauty and bounty.
Lake Country/Winfield - Real Estate
The acres of flat agricultural land in Lake Country is on a serene country road close to shopping hubs, schools, wineries and lakes. Access to the best facilities, attractions, entertainment, and employment makes buying homes in this neighborhood favourable.
The real estate market in this area consists of fabulous Single-Family Homes, splendid townhouses and wide rural properties. Located on the benches above Okanagan Lake and Wood Lake, and two other surrounding lakes, this neighborhood brings delight to prospective buyers. The flourishing industry in this community also attracts people to buy properties here.
Properties in Lake COuntry will be slightly more affordable than nearby Kelowna. Condominiums start at $200,000, while the price of Townhomes is slightly higher at $300,000 and up. and the more private You can get into a Single-Family Home for $450,000 but the average will be closer to $600,000
Lake Country/Winfield - Schools
Having schools in the neighborhood has always been one of the most important reasons why homebuyers find a community appealing. The good thing is, Lake Country provides access to elementary and secondary education. Post-secondary curriculum is offered in nearby Kelowna or Vernon which is not very far from.
Davidson Road Elementary (K-7)
2115 Davidson Road, Winfield, BC V4V 1R3
Oyama Traditional School (K-7)
15525 Greenhow Road, Oyama, BC V4V 2E1
Peter Greer Elementary (K-7 English, K-6 French Immersion)
10300 Sherman Drive, Winfield BC V4V 1Y8
George Elliot Secondary (8-12)
10241 Bottom Lake Road, Winfield BC V4V 1Y7
Lake Country/Winfield - Location
Lake Country is part of the Central Okanagan Regional District, and of the Kelowna residential area. Kelowna City lies to the south, while Vernon City lies to the north. This makes Lake Country close to the conveniences that urban areas offer.
Okanagan Lake defines the western boundary of the municipality, while the entirety of Wood Lake and the southernmost part of Kalamalka Lake are enclosed by it. No wonder, many people find this small town charm a treasure.
Lake Country includes four distinct and separate communities: Oyama, Winfield, Carr's Landing, and Okanagan Centre. Winfield is located in Lake Country, on Highway 97 on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake, immediately north of Kelowna and 24 miles south of Vernon. Its strategic location gives access to Kelowna International Airport and Kelowna General Hospital.
Lake Country/Winfield - Demographics
Lake Country is one of the Okanagan's quiet and most loved neighborhoods. The locale is preferred by homebuyers who find comfort in the beauty of nature without being deprived of urban services. The 2011 Census Profile showed that Lake Country had a population of 11,708, representing a percentage change of 21.9% from 2006. The Median Age based on this data is 43.2 while the percentage of the working-age population (15-64) was 83.4%.
Lake Country encompasses 122.19 km2 of land, a population density of 96 persons per square kilometre. The numbers suggest that interested homebuyers are welcome to buy and live in the quiet estates of Lake County.
Lake Country/Winfield - Amenities
Winfield is located in Lake Country a municipality comprised of four communities: Winfield, Okanagan Centre, Oyama, and Carr's Landing. Lake Country area offers much to enjoy.
- Wineries: Lake Country has its very own winery, the Gray Monk Estate Winery , located a few miles from Winfield in Okanagan Centre.
- Museum: The Lake Country Museum in Okanagan Centre takes pride of over 3,000 artifacts depicting the history and heritage of the local community.
- ArtWalk at the Lake Country Community Complex in Winfield is a two-day art event featuring art exhibit, food venues, musical entertainment, and a live theatrical performance in the Creekside Theatre featuring Okanagan Valley artists. This annual event attracts over 5,000 visitors and more.
- Ogopogo: Search for the elusive relative of the Loch Ness Monster, known to inhabit the waters of Okanagan Lake. A two million dollar reward is being offered for anyone who can prove that the famous legend of the friendly serpent-like creature, Ogopogo is real. A replica of the mythological creature awaits divers at a depth of 25 feet at Paul's Tomb in the Knox Mountain Nature Park in Kelowna.
- Golf: Aspen Grove Golf Club is located in Winfield, and three other renowned courses in nearby Kelowna.
- Fishing: The group of lovely lakes east of Lake Country has long been recognized as one of British Columbia's finest fishing grounds.
- Hiking and Bird Watching: Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park on the northeast shore provides good hiking and bird watching activities.
- Skiing: Winfield is perfectly located between two major ski areas; Big White Ski Resort, approximately 40 miles (64 km) southeast of Kelowna, and Silver Star Mountain Resort, 14 miles (22 km) northeast of Vernon.
- Swimming: Reiswig Regional Park on Woodsdale Road south of Wood Lake offers a swim area, picnic area and playing field. Also on Woodsdale Road in Winfield is Beasley Park.
- Camping: Bear Creek Provincial Park is a place for easy camping and picnics. Located south of Winfield on the west shore of Okanagan Lake, the park offers everything from beautiful beaches to a wild, rocky canyon.
- Walking: The rocky, forested headlands and sheltered, sandy bays of small Ellison Provincial Park await you on the east side of Okanagan Lake, just a few miles north of Carr's Landing. Walking trails provide access to the headlands that separate two beautiful bays, offering boulder-climbing excitement and wildflower photo opportunities.
Summer sunshine, sparkling waters and warm Lake Country smiles captivate the hearts of people who are eyeing for a home to cherish. Choose Lake Country, an amazing place with flourishing tourism and industry- a home where dreams become reality.